Intuit QuickBooks is accounting software which is well-liked for its reliability, security, accuracy, and credibility all over the world. This software helps users in managing and analyzing all the accounting and financial data, such as balance sheet, Income and expenditures, and some other expenses. However, QuickBooks is used by many small, medium, and large businesses. Regardless of being costly, it is preferred by most of the businesses because of its highly advanced features, accuracy, and credibility.
Nevertheless, In this technological world, no any software or device is free from the errors. The same case applied to the QuickBooks. Sometimes, users may encounter few errors while working with the software. And in all of them, one is QuickBooks error code 3371. Unfortunately, this error code is rarely occurred and also a challenging one.
Usually, the QuickBooks error code 3371 occurs when the users are running software immediately after the reconfiguration of their computer systems has been accepted, it occurs when the hard drive is automatically cloned.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 3371
To use the QuickBooks software, Intuit made it essential for users to stored the license information on their hard drive. And if in case, if the file, information, or license data gets damaged or corrupted or missing; it throws an error code 3371 on the screen. This error code 3371 also caused due to the following reasons:
- Corrupted or missing file Qbregistration.dat.
- Disruption of Antivirus files.
- Tried to launch the files without even saving it.
- Missing or damaged MSXML component.
- Many others.
Here are some troubleshooting methods which help you in resolving the error code 3371 without trouble.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3371
Before going with the given steps, we recommend you to install all the latest updates available for your Windows operating system. Moreover, users are facing many issues while following the methods. But no worries, if you follow these methods in the proper sequence as mentioned below saves lots of time and efforts. Here how to do it:
- Click the Windows + R keys simultaneously on the keyboard to launch the run dialogue box.
- In the Run dialogue box, enter the following command and press Enter key:
- “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8”
- After that, the Windows Explorer will automatically reach at the following location.
- Click on the ‘Delete’ tab to delete the ecml file from the system.
- Again, right-press on the ecml file and choose ‘Delete’ tab.
- Now, shut all the Windows.
- After completing the steps, click to ‘Run’ the QuickBooks.
- Next, register the QuickBooks product again on the system.
Hopefully, the error code 3371 has been resolved. If error persist follow the next method.
If your Windows is not installed with the latest updates or outdated, this error pop-ups on the screen. To remove this error permanently from the system, follow the steps discussed below:
- Hit the ‘Start’ or ‘Windows’ logo to open the start menu.
- In the ‘Start’ menu tab, choose the ‘All Programs’ option.
- Under the ‘All Programs’ section, pick the ‘Windows Update’ tab.
- Press the ‘Check for Updates’ to update Windows with the latest updates.
Once the successful update is completed, again install the QuickBooks Desktop on the system.
Joe Mertin is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Quicken, Quickbooks Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.