QuickBooks helps you in managing your expenses, creating invoices, cash flow, and view your Profit and loss accounts or in other words, it is an accounting and financial software which is developed and designed by Intuit. Generally, QuickBooks is mainly used by small and medium businesses for easily managing their accounts.
As it is known for its features, but we all know that software’s are always good for us but not perfect. So like some other software’s, QuickBooks also shows some error. Sometimes, while opening the QuickBooks Company file users receive the QuickBooks error code 6000 When Opening the Company File. By this error, users cannot continue to track their accounting, and financial data file and their work are stopped. To continue working with this software you always need to fix this error 6000 as soon as possible.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6000
Lists of most common symptoms are as follows:
- QuickBooks Error 6000 appears on the screen and wipeouts the dynamic program window.
- Windows Installation Error Code 6000 is displayed on your computer screen.
- Your Windows runs and reacts slowly to keyboard or mouse inputs.
- Mostly, your computer system “Solidifies for few seconds.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6000
Below we mentioned the list of causes for QuickBooks Error Code When Opening a Company File is discussed below:
- Numbers of users for the company data files.
- QuickBooks Installation was not properly completed.
- The folder in which the company file is stored has been damaged.
- Due to the Inactive Server connection.
- Due to company data conversion over internet connectivity.
- A company file has been damaged.
- The server doesn’t have the approved permissions to access the company file easily.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000
To troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code 6000 When Opening a Company File, follow the steps which are discussed below but in an exact sequence to avoid trouble and damages. Here how to do it:
Method-1: Restore the Damaged Folder
- Click to create a new folder on C:\ drive.
- Now, launch the folder where the company file is saved.
- Then, search for the.qbw file.
- After that, right-click on the .qbw file.
- Choose and click on the Copy tab.
- Now, open the new folder and click to Paste it.
- Next, Set the Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Lastly, launch the QuickBooks Desktop and initiate your file from the new locations.
Method-2: Copy QuickBooks File on Desktop
- Click to launch folder that encloses your company file.
- Look for the file with the extensions of .QBW.
- After that, right-click on the file and then choose Copy option.
- Now, navigate to the desktop, right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose and click on the paste option to paste it on the desktop screen.
- By holding down the Control key on your keyboard, launch the QuickBooks, you are redirected to the NO Company Open window on your computer.
- Lastly, click on the Open or Restore an existing company option.
Go to the desktop and search for the company file you copied and click to open it.
Joe Mertin is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Quicken, Quickbooks Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.