QuickBooks is well-known for providing some handy and many tracking features. Sometimes user encounters the issue of error in QuickBooks. It is considered as being one of the most problematical errors within QuickBooks.
One of the most crucial features of QB is that it is expert in tackling all the financial tasks such as creating reports and invoices, tracks change orders and job status and many more. In this post, we are discussing QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a Error Code 80029c4a occurs when a company file gets damaged. Essentially, this post will tell you how you can fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a on your device.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- This error usually occurs when a QuickBooks Desktop system file gets corrupted or fails to be found
- Corruption in Window registry
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks pro software
- Corrupted Windows system files.
- Corrupted QuickBooks Pro-related program files
- Your antivirus may have incorrectly marked a QB Desktop file as being infected with the virus.
Note: If you find this error occurring right after installing the QuickBooks 2016 R9 release, you should direct try attempting solution 4.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Four of these remedies, as mentioned below, are definitely going to help you fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a:
- Performing Avast Virus Definition and Program Update
- Right click on the Avast icon.
- Select the Update option.
- After that, tap on the Program option and follow the prompts to upgrade the Avast Program.
- Also, you can repeat steps 1 – 3 and select Engine and Virus Definitions.
- Checking the Antivirus Program for files that have been quarantined
For other antivirus program solution guide, please discuss with your Antivirus help documentation. It will surely be good for you when contacting IT professional before you make any changes to your anti-virus programs.
- Running Reboot.bat
First of all, close your QuickBooks Desktop. After that, go to the folder which has the reboot.bat file, and open it:
- Right-click the “QuickBooks Desktop” icon and select Properties.
- Tap Open file location.
- After that, right click on the reboot.bat file and tap on Run as Administrator option.
- Always remember to run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- Now, depending on your Windows Folder Options settings file shows as reboot.bat or reboot.
- Avoid closing the manually appeared window (A black window will open with scrolling filename). Once the reboot.bat file utility is completed, this will disappear.
- Now, simply restart your PC.
- Performing clean install of QuickBooks Desktop
Note: Before you uninstall QuickBooks Desktop, you have to make sure that you have QuickBooks Desktop downloaded file, your installation CD with license numbers.
Firstly, you have to reinstall using a clean install. After doing this, you need to update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the File menu and then tap Close Company or Logoff option.
- Note: If you’re opening multiple company files in QB Desktop, you’ll have to perform this step for every company that is open.
- Tap File and then Exit.
- Then tap “Run as administrator.”
- Ensure that there is No Company Open on screen.
- After that, you need to go to the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks.
- Tap Options.
- Tap on the “Mark all” button.
- Tap the Save button.
- Tap the Update Now option.
- After that, tap on the “Reset Update,” and then tap on the Get Updates option.
- As the update finish popup appears, you need to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you get the popup to install the update, you need to tap the Yes button.
- Now, simply open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- As soon as the update is finished, just restart your PC.
One of these solutions should fix the QuickBooks Error 80029c4a. Thank for reading this article. All the best!
Joe Mertin is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Quicken, Quickbooks Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.